The Assistant Electrical Engineer is responsible for design, development, testing, and deployment of Cadenza Innovations Inc.’s Li-ion battery systems including all related electro-mechanical assemblies and components. Good design on volumetric energy density of battery systems is of paramount significance which requires the Electrical Project Engineer to have demonstrated solid expertise in mechanical design principles and methods.
This includes but not limited to developing power management systems, conceptual architecture, electrical schematics, PCB layout, component and systems testing and integration.
The successful candidate has a very strong technical experience in power electronics, high voltage switchgear, and system integrations which requires the Assistant Electrical Engineer to have demonstrated solid expertise in electrical principles and methods. The candidate will be engaged from the prototype phase all through complete product launch.
- Develop conceptual, prototype and complete product designs of components, sub-assemblies and systems of Li-ion battery modules, packs and related system components.
- Testing, interfacing, and deploying Cadenza Innovations Inc. Li-ion battery systems into existing customer’s infrastructure such as PV arrays, inverters, switch-gear, etc.
- Formulate solutions to engineering problems having an increasing level of complexity using appropriate levels of consultation with lead engineers, management, or subject matter experts.
- Research and benchmark competitive technologies and their innovative designs.
- Compose documentation, written communications and deliver technical presentations as assigned
- S. in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution. M.S. in Electrical Engineering is desirable.
- Direct out of school up to 3 years hands-on work experience in design and development of engineered high voltage power products. Prior battery energy storage experience is highly desirable, whether in project work or from previous employers.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in PCB schematic and layout design.
- Advanced experience with electrical schematic and layout software such as Altium, OrCAD, NI Multisim/Ultiboard etc.
- Ability to integrate multiple systems across platforms.
- Hands-on experience in building, integrating, test and troubleshoot hardware.
- Demonstrated design and release experience, with disciplined change management.
- Demonstrated experience with FMEA methods.
- Experience with industry standards and government regulations and codes as it pertains to safety, EMI, ESD, NEC, NFPA, UL CSA etc.
- Works well in a team-oriented start-up environment with minimal structure, takes initiative and ownership in achieving goals.
- Effective composition, documentation, and presentation skills required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required, position requires interaction in a multi-functional team environment.
- Experience in designing and developing hardware, firmware and software for embedded devices including but not limited to; microprocessor and IC selection, peripheral driver development, application development etc. is a major plus.
- Experience working as an electrical engineer as it relates to the battery industry, with focus on high voltage Li-on technologies is a major plus.
- Experience working as an electrical engineer as it relates to the renewable energy industry such as solar, wind and the electric grid is a major plus.
- Experience working as an electrical engineer as it relates to the transportation industry is a major plus.
Cadenza Innovation Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com