The Assistant Mechanical Engineer is responsible for helping continue the design and development of Cadenza Innovations Inc. Li-ion batteries and systems. Good design and manufacturing methods are of paramount significance which requires the Assistant Mechanical Engineer to have solid expertise in mechanical engineering principles and methods.
- Generate conceptual, prototype and complete product designs of components, sub-assemblies and systems of Li-ion battery cells, modules, packs and related system components and support structures, using 2D and 3D design tools.
- Generate conceptual, prototype and complete designs of tooling and fixtures used for the manufacture of Li-ion battery cells, modules, packs, using 2D and 3D design tools.
- Develop testing methods and experiments for the validation of components and processes.
- Formulate solutions to engineering problems having an increasing level of complexity using appropriate levels of consultation with lead engineers, management, or subject matter experts.
- Research and benchmark competitive technologies and their innovative manufacturing methods and designs.
- Compose documentation, written communications and deliver technical presentations as assigned
- S. in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 0-5 years hands-on work experience in a design or manufacturing environment. Prior Li-ion experience is highly desirable.
- Solid experience with CAD tools and 3D modeling software required. SolidWorks preferred, other tools may be considered.
- Solid understanding of geometric tolerancing and dimensioning.
- Understanding finite element analysis methods is desirable.
- Experience in designing metal and plastic parts (formed, injection molded or die cast, machined extruded, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience developing tests, running tests, analyzing data, and reporting results.
- Demonstrated experience with FMEA methods.
- Desire to design and develop tools and fixtures for effective battery manufacturing.
- Works well in a team-oriented start-up environment with minimal structure, takes initiative and ownership in achieving goals.
- Effective composition, documentation, and presentation skills required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required, position requires interaction in a multi-functional team environment.
- Experience working with mechanical design engineering as it relates to the battery industry, with focus on Li-ion technologies.
- Experience working with mechanical design engineering as it relates to the renewable energy industry such as solar, wind and electric grid interfaces is a major plus.
- Experience working with mechanical design engineering as it relates to its application within the automotive/transportation industry is a major plus.
Cadenza Innovation Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org