Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is currently seeking a skilled Electrical Engineer to support innovation, design, and production of new Li-ion battery technologies.
Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is an emerging energy storage company answering the call for safer, longer-lasting Li-ion batteries – today. With its management team of recognized authorities in the battery industry and sound backing from leading global investors, Cadenza Innovation Inc. has dramatically improved the quality and safety of Li-ion batteries while delivering outstanding performance challenging industry competition.
Cadenza Innovation Inc. offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, an entrepreneurial environment, and the opportunity for employees to enhance their careers and achieve greater levels of responsibility as the company grows. This is an excellent opportunity to get in with an exciting and dynamic start-up company that offers tremendous growth, challenge, and reward.
The Electrical Engineer is a technical leadership position on an entrepreneurial team driving the commercialization of the next generation of energy storage. As a lead member of this team a broad experience in electrical engineering is required, this includes AC/DC power systems, commercial control systems and power interconnects as well as strong analytical and reporting skills. Team leadership and project management activity are also critical aspects of this role.
This role will manage both vendor and client relationships as well engagement with collaboration partners across various industries and geographies. This is a hands-on role thru all phases of the product development cycle from concept design, documentation and engineering to customer acceptance and production launch.
- Electrical systems design – Detailed engineering design of AC/DC system, from battery cell to inverter-based systems and utility interconnect.
- Control systems interface – Design integration of energy storage system with BMS systems, PLCs, inverters, contactors, and other commercial control systems.
- System Architecture – Conceptual design and engineering validation of proposed energy storage systems. Strong understanding of energy storage, inverters, transformers, DC converters, PV arrays and other industry standard components.
- Application support – Analysis of application related data to evaluate system performance, ROI, and application suitability.
- Leadership and Communication – Ability to build and lead a team that can deliver high quality results and cost-effective solutions in a timely manner. Compose documentation, written communications and deliver technical presentations.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution. M.S. in Electrical Engineering is desirable.
- 7+ years hands-on work experience in design, development and manufacture of engineered products. Prior battery energy storage design experience is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in PCB schematic and layout design.
- Advanced experience with electrical schematic and layout software such as Altium, OrCAD, NI Multisim/Ultiboard etc.
- Hands-on experience in building, integrating, test and troubleshoot electrical hardware, including embedded systems, wiring harnesses, interconnection, similar.
- Demonstrated design and release experience, with disciplined change management.
- Demonstrated experience with FMEA methods.
- Experience with industry standards and government regulations and codes as it pertains to safety, EMI, ESD, NEC, NFPA, UL CSA etc.
- Demonstrated experience in building program plans, system architecture specifications, program action lists with ownership to deliver on time, on budget, on quality.
- Works well in a team-oriented start-up environment with minimal structure, takes initiative and ownership in achieving goals.
- Effective composition, documentation, and presentation skills required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required, position requires interaction in a multi-functional team environment.
Cadenza Innovation Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org