Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is currently seeking a skilled Electrical Project Engineer to support innovation, design and production of new Li-ion battery technologies.
Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is an emerging energy storage company answering the call for safer, longer-lasting Li-ion batteries – today. With its management team of recognized authorities in the battery industry and sound backing from leading global investors, Cadenza Innovation Inc. has dramatically improved the quality and safety of Li-ion batteries while delivering outstanding performance challenging industry competition.
Cadenza Innovation Inc. offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, an entrepreneurial environment, and the opportunity for employees to enhance their careers and achieve greater levels of responsibility as the company grows. This is an excellent opportunity to get in with an exciting and dynamic start-up company that offers tremendous growth, challenge and reward.
The Electrical Project Engineer is responsible for design, development, testing, and deployment of Cadenza Innovations Inc.’s Li-ion battery systems including all related electro-mechanical assemblies and components. Good design on volumetric energy density of battery systems is of paramount significance which requires the Electrical Project Engineer to have demonstrated solid expertise in mechanical design principles and methods. This includes but not limited to developing power management systems, conceptual architecture, electrical schematics, PCB layout, component and systems testing and integration.
The successful candidate has a very strong technical experience in power electronics, high voltage switchgear, and system integrations which requires the Electrical Project Engineer to have demonstrated solid expertise in electrical principles and methods. The candidate will be engaged from the prototype phase all through complete product launch.
- Develop conceptual, prototype and complete product designs of components, sub-assemblies and systems of Li-ion bus bars, interconnects, battery modules, packs and related system components.
- Testing, interfacing, and deploying Cadenza Innovations Inc. Li-ion battery systems into existing customer’s infrastructure such as PV arrays, inverters, switch-gear, etc.
- Formulate solutions to engineering problems having an increasing level of complexity using appropriate levels of consultation with lead engineers, management, or subject matter experts.
- Lead one or more aspects of an engineering development projects.
- Contribute to scopes of work, schedules and cost estimates for phases of projects.
- Interface with supply management and vendors for new product development, cost reductions, material obsolescence, etc.
- Research and benchmark competitive technologies and their innovative designs.
- Compose documentation, written communications and deliver technical presentations as assigned
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution. M.S. in Electrical Engineering is desirable.
- 7+ years hands-on work experience in design, development and manufacture of engineered products. Prior battery energy storage design experience is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in PCB schematic and layout design.
- Advanced experience with electrical schematic and layout software such as Altium, OrCAD, NI Multisim/Ultiboard etc.
- Hands-on experience in building, integrating, test and troubleshoot electrical hardware, including embedded systems, wiring harnesses, interconnection, similar.
- Demonstrated design and release experience, with disciplined change management.
- Demonstrated experience with FMEA methods.
- Experience with industry standards and government regulations and codes as it pertains to safety, EMI, ESD, NEC, NFPA, UL CSA etc.
- Demonstrated experience in building program plans, system architecture specifications, program action lists with ownership to deliver on time, on budget, on quality.
- Works well in a team-oriented start-up environment with minimal structure, takes initiative and ownership in achieving goals.
- Effective composition, documentation, and presentation skills required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required, position requires interaction in a multi-functional team environment.
- Experience in designing and developing hardware, firmware and software for embedded devices including but not limited to; microprocessor and IC selection, peripheral driver development, application development etc. is a major plus.
- Experience working as an electrical project engineer as it relates to the battery industry, with focus on high voltage Li-ion technologies is a major plus.
- Experience working as an electrical project engineer as it relates to the renewable energy industry such as solar, wind and the electric grid is a major plus.
- Experience working as an electrical project engineer as it relates to the transportation industry is a major plus.
Cadenza Innovation Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.