Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is currently seeking a skilled Mechanical Engineer to support innovation, design and productization of lithium-ion battery technology. Based in Danbury, CT this is a hands-on role that will challenge you both technically and creatively while providing an opportunity to work across several business disciplines and alongside some of the most prolific thinkers of our age. This is an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor, with an innovative and exciting growth company, poised for success!
Our Mechanical Engineers are responsible for supporting the design, development, and manufacturing of Cadenza’s current and future products. This position will ensure that our finished products meet company requirements and can be manufactured on time and within budget. Successful candidates will have strong technical experience in the design and development of products as well as how to manufacture components and fixtures/tooling. The candidate will be engaged and have extensive involvement from product design phase through manufacturing launch.
- Generate conceptual, prototype and complete product designs of components, sub-assemblies and systems of Li-ion battery cells, modules, racks and related system components and support structures, using 2D and 3D design tools.
- Generate conceptual, prototype and complete designs of manufacturing systems and fixtures to support the development of products using 2D and 3D design tools.
- Formulate solutions to engineering problems having an increasing level of complexity using appropriate levels of consultation with lead engineers, management, or subject matter experts.
- Compose documentation, written communications and deliver technical presentations as assigned
- S. in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- 2+ years hands-on work experience in design and development of engineered products. Prior battery energy storage design experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with CAD tools and 3D modeling software required. SolidWorks preferred; other tools may be considered.
- Understanding of geometric tolerancing and dimensioning.
- Experience in designing metal and plastic parts (formed, injection molded or die cast, machined extruded, etc.)
- Demonstrated design and release experience, with disciplined change management.
- Demonstrated experience with FMEA methods.
- Works well in a team-oriented start-up environment with minimal structure, takes initiative and ownership in achieving goals.
- Effective composition, documentation, and presentation skills required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required; position requires interaction in a multi-functional team environment.
Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is an emerging energy storage company answering the call for safer, longer-lasting lithium-ion batteries. With our management team of recognized authorities in the battery industry we have dramatically improved quality and safety while delivering performance levels never previously seen in the industry. Our focus is to commercialize these innovative technologies and drive improvements that enable the success of lithium-ion batteries powering innovative, economical, and environmentally sound products, including utility grid storage and automotive applications.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, including stock options, an entrepreneurial environment, and the opportunity for employees to enhance their careers and achieve greater levels of responsibility as the company grows.
Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.