Cadenza Innovation, Inc. was founded by Christina Lampe-Onnerud, a successful inventor and CEO, who together with the CTO and a COO, have a track record of creating ground-breaking technologies in innovation, design, and commercialization of lithium-ion battery technology.
Our company is currently seeking a dynamic Senior Accountant to maintain the books of the company and support the CFO in accounting and finance functions. A successful candidate is expected to grow into the Controller role. Based in Danbury, CT this is an in person and hands-on role that will challenge you both technically and creatively. You will be provided the opportunity to expand beyond accounting and finance to other business areas, including operations and engineering, and work alongside some of the most prolific thinkers of our age. This is an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor, with an innovative and exciting growth company, poised for success!
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting and reconciliation in QuickBooks including journal entries for accrual accounting
- Categorize purchase orders and invoices by project / expense
- Year end audit to GAAP compliance
- Annual tax returns for the company
- Controls of the company including purchase order process, budget, receivables
- Variance analysis to budget
- Maintain payables list, send wire transfers and checks, deposits
- Review and approve expenses
- Maintain banking accounts
- Review all legal contracts
- Manage Bookkeeper
- Presentation materials for Board of Directors, investors, and strategic partners
- Preparation of the annual budget
- Maintain cap table including options, financing rounds, etc
- Assist the CFO in all fund-raising activities
- Human Resources
- Bi-weekly and monthly payroll in TriNet
- Coordinating all Human Resource functions for the company
- Coordinate the collection of staff time sheets
- Other tasks as required from time to time
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting, at least 2 years at an accounting firm and 2 years in corporate
- Strong QuickBooks Enterprise experience required
- CPA is strongly desired
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multitask and meet challenging deadlines
- Self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team-oriented personality with a desire to provide high-quality service
- High energy, and able to work autonomously
- Relevant college degree preferred
Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is an emerging energy storage company answering the call for safer, longer-lasting Lithium-ion batteries – today. With our Management Team of recognized authorities in the battery industry and sound backing from leading venture capital firms, we have dramatically improved the quality and safety of lithium-ion batteries while delivering performance levels never previously seen in the industry.
We offer an attractive compensation, an entrepreneurial environment, and the opportunity for employees to enhance their careers and achieve greater levels of responsibility as the company grows. Founded by Dr. Christina Lampe-Onnerud, the company is headquartered in Danbury, CT.
Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.