Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is currently seeking a skilled Senior Mechanical Engineer to support innovation, design and production of new Li-ion battery technologies.
Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is an emerging energy storage company answering the call for safer, longer-lasting Li-ion batteries – today. With its management team of recognized authorities in the battery industry and sound backing from leading global investors, Cadenza Innovation Inc. has dramatically improved the quality and safety of Li-ion batteries while delivering outstanding performance challenging industry competition.
Cadenza Innovation Inc. offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, an entrepreneurial environment, and the opportunity for employees to enhance their careers and achieve greater levels of responsibility as the company grows. This is an excellent opportunity to get in with an exciting and dynamic start-up company that offers tremendous growth, challenge and reward.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for design, development and mechanical engineering of Cadenza Innovations Inc. Li-ion battery systems including all related electro-mechanical assemblies and components. Good design on volumetric energy density of battery systems is of paramount significance which requires the Senior Mechanical Engineer to have demonstrated solid expertise in mechanical design principles and methods.
The successful candidate will demonstrate solid experience with complex mechanical and electromechanical systems and is expected to gain detailed knowledge of the functionality of all the battery system components including the cells, modules, connections, wiring, electronic components, cooling concepts, enclosures etc.
The successful candidate will be engaged from the prototype phase all through complete product launch and understands the mechanical, electromechanical, electrical and functional interfaces of the battery systems.
- Generate conceptual, prototype and complete product designs of components, sub-assemblies and systems of Li-ion battery cells, modules, packs and related system components and support structures, using 2D and 3D design tools.
- Perform analysis of designs with guidance using closed form calculations and finite element analysis methods.
- Formulate solutions to engineering problems having an increasing level of complexity using appropriate levels of consultation with lead engineers, management, or subject matter experts.
- Lead one or more aspects of an engineering development projects.
- Contribute to scopes of work, schedules and cost estimates for phases of projects.
- Interface with supply management and vendors for new product development, cost reductions, material obsolescence, etc.
- Support and perform field services and provide technical interface with customers as appropriate during prototype and product testing and launch.
- Research and benchmark competitive technologies for innovation, cost, performance and functional advantages.
- Compose documentation, written communications and deliver technical presentations as assigned
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution. M.S. in Mechanical Engineering is desirable.
- 7+ years hands-on work experience in design, development and manufacture of engineered products. Prior battery energy storage design experience is highly desirable.
- Advanced experience with CAD tools and 3D modeling software required. AutoCAD and SolidWorks preferred, other tools may be considered.
- Knowledge of mechanics (math, materials, computer skills etc.) to execute technical calculations.
- Solid understanding of geometric tolerancing and dimensioning.
- Strong experience and skills in mechanical, fluid, thermal, and material stress analyses.
- Experience in designing metal and plastic parts (formed, injection molded or die cast, machined extruded, etc.)
- Demonstrated design and release experience, with disciplined change management.
- Demonstrated experience with DFMEA/PFMEA methods.
- Works well in a team-oriented start-up environment with minimal structure, takes initiative and ownership in achieving goals.
- Effective composition, documentation, and presentation skills required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required, position requires interaction in a multi-functional team environment.
- Experience working with mechanical engineering as it relates to the battery industry, with focus on Li-on technologies such as enclosures, battery cell retention, cell tab joining, inter-connects, thermal management and vehicle integration is a major plus.
- Working knowledge of industry standards and government regulations for testing and deployment of Li-ion systems such as: IP, UL, thermal, shock, vibration, EMI, ESD etc. is a major plus.
- Experience working with mechanical engineering as it relates to the renewable energy industry such as solar, wind and electric grid interfaces is a major plus.
- Experience working with mechanical engineering as it relates to its application within the automotive/transportation industry is a major plus.
- Manufacturing experience in an industrial environment is a plus.
Cadenza Innovation Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com