Software Engineer – Internship
As a software engineer intern, you will be working closely with our experienced software engineers to design, develop, and maintain software solutions. You will be working on a project to create a customer utility information database. Your main responsibility will be to design and implement a database structure to house and query all incoming and available customer utility data. This will include data from utility bills (received in the quoting process) to full data streams/telemetry from the Cadenza Cloud.
As our customer base grows, we are accessing more and more valuable data which can later be used for our analytics to inform software algorithms, pricing models and business cases. The key to this internship is to set up the structure and start to capture all incoming data so we can access it in the future. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining the database, as well as developing scripts to extract, transform and load data into the database.
This is an excellent opportunity for a computer science graduate student to gain real-world experience working on projects in a professional setting. If you meet the above qualifications and are excited about the opportunity to work on challenging projects in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply for this software engineer intern position.
- Currently enrolled in a Connecticut school or has a Connecticut address.
- Strong knowledge and experience in database management and SQL
- Proficient in coding in either Java or Python
- Current graduate student in computer science major with a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Experience with Azure cloud technology
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are a must, as well as the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Experience with data warehousing, ETL and data modeling is a plus.
Three (3) measures of internship success related to the project:
- Implementation of a functional and efficient customer utility information database: The intern will be considered successful if they are able to design and implement a database structure that effectively captures and organizes all incoming and available customer utility data, including data from utility bills and telemetry from the Cadenza Cloud.
- Data Capture and Loading: The intern will be considered successful if they are able to develop scripts to extract, transform and load data into the database, and ensure that all incoming data is captured and stored correctly.
- Data accessibility and querying: The intern will be considered successful if they are able to ensure that data stored in the database is easily accessible and can be queried in a timely and efficient manner, thus allowing for easy data analysis and insights generation.
Our organization will provide the intern with the necessary guidance and mentorship to assist them in meeting this goal.