Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is currently seeking a skilled Battery Chemist/Engineer to support innovation, design, and productization of lithium-ion battery technology. The company was founded by a successful inventor and CEO, a CTO, and a COO who together have a track record of creating ground-breaking technologies and building teams to serve global markets.
Based in Danbury, CT, this is a hands-on laboratory role that will challenge you both technically and creatively while providing an opportunity to work across several business disciplines alongside some of the most prolific thinkers of our age. This is an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor, with an innovative and exciting startup company, poised for success!
- Lead development and evaluation of battery materials and materials processing including anodes, cathodes, and electrolytes
- Support design and testing of Li-ion cells
- Battery performance testing and electrochemical characterization
- Synthesis of battery materials; including supporting scale to production volumes
- Research, develop and understand material properties versus battery performance properties and low-cost, environmentally efficient manufacturing
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, preferably with focus in Materials Science, Electrochemistry, or High Temperature Processes; recent graduates and candidates without degree requirements but having significant (>10 years) related industry experience are encouraged to apply
- Preference for experience working with Li-ion batteries and related materials
- Experience with battery testing, electrochemical methods (cyclic voltammetry, AC Impedance spectroscopy), and analytical techniques (SEM-EDS, FT-NMR, FT-IR, UV-V spectroscopy, and X-ray crystallography)
- Experience with high temperature synthesis, such as for metal oxides and carbonization/graphitization
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities
- A good team player with strong communication and report writing skills
Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is an emerging energy storage company answering the call for safer, longer-lasting lithium-ion batteries. With our Management Team of recognized authorities in the battery industry we have dramatically improved quality and safety while delivering performance levels never previously seen in the industry. Our focus is to commercialize these innovative technologies and drive improvements that enable the success of lithium-ion batteries powering innovative, economical, and environmentally sound products, including utility grid storage and automotive applications.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, an entrepreneurial environment, and the opportunity for employees to enhance their careers and achieve greater levels of responsibility as the company grows. Founded by Dr. Christina Lampe-Onnerud, the company is headquartered in Danbury, CT.
Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.