Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Lithium-Ion Battery Scientist or Engineer for a Director level position leading projects and guiding other scientists, engineers, and technical staff in support of lithium-ion battery innovation, design, and productization.
Cadenza Innovation, Inc. was founded by Dr. Christina Lampe-Onnerud, a successful inventor and CEO, along with an experienced leadership team who together have a track record of creating ground-breaking technologies and building teams to serve global markets.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Engineering and based at our state-of-the-art facility located at the Summit Center in Danbury, CT, this role expects both leadership and hands-on activity. You will be challenged technically and creatively, while provided a highly visible opportunity to work across several business disciplines and alongside the executive leadership team.
This is an excellent opportunity to make contributions in an environmentally significant enterprise, and to get in on the ground floor with an innovative and exciting company poised for success!
- Lead development and evaluation of battery materials including cell anodes, cathodes, electrolytes, and other parts, as well as battery system components
- Lead design and testing of lithium-ion cells and batteries
- Support development, testing, and application of battery management systems (BMS)
- Support commercialization efforts transitioning technology and products into manufacturing
- Support integration of lithium-ion battery products into energy storage systems targeted for specific market applications, especially including utility/grid energy storage
- Lead investigation into performance and opportunities of competitive lithium-ion battery products and technologies
- Support defining and developing business and research opportunities that better understand batteries and battery materials, and leverage such knowledge to drive product performance, low-cost, and environmental benefits
- Advanced degree in Chemistry or Engineering with relevant work experience as a suitable substitute
- Minimum of seven years (7+) experience with lithium-ion batteries in a research or manufacturing environment
- Experience with laboratory work including familiarity with safely handling hazardous materials and equipment
- Thorough knowledge in methods of analytical testing, statistical data analysis, and scientific reporting
- Ability to take ownership of projects, lead team members and follow through to completion
- A good team player with strong communication and report writing skills
Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is an emerging energy storage company answering the call for safer, longer-lasting lithium-ion batteries. With our Management Team of recognized authorities in the battery industry, we have dramatically improved quality and safety while delivering performance levels never previously seen in the industry. Our focus is to commercialize these innovative technologies and drive improvements that enable the success of lithium-ion batteries powering innovative, economical, and environmentally sound products, including utility grid storage and automotive applications.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, an entrepreneurial environment, and the opportunity for employees to enhance their careers and achieve greater levels of responsibility as the company grows.
Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.