Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced manufacturing engineer, who is process oriented and ready to make a business impact as liaison between the engineering and operation teams, as to deliver the safest battery storage systems to the market.
The company was founded by a successful inventor and CEO, a CTO, and a COO who together have a track record of creating ground-breaking technologies and building teams to serve global markets.
This is a permanent position based in Danbury, CT – this is a hands-on role that will challenge you while providing an excellent opportunity to join an exciting company poised for growth and success!
· Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, researching testing methods, and conferring with equipment vendors.
· Prepare visual operation procedure (VOP) by working closely with the engineering team to convert engineering BOM and drawings into manufacturing process and routing.
· Train technicians to follow manufacturing process and guide trouble shooting of production issues.
· Define tooling requirements to improve quality and manufacturing efficiency.
· Conduct analysis to calculate throughput, labor requirements, and manufacturing costs.
· Manage cost/quality improvement and vertical integration projects to ensure the projects are completed on-time, within budget, and meet all functional and business system requirements.
· Complete ECNs and CARs as required to reflect needed changes in product process routings, customer complaints, or quality issues in collaboration with the engineering team.
· Use of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma principles to analyze problems associated with technical issues and provide effective solutions.
· Support development of material flow, inventory management, and general production process improvement.
- 4 Year Degree in an Engineering- or Science-related field – Required; Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering major and/or concentration – Preferred.
- 5+ Years experience in Process/Manufacturing Engineering.
- Lean / Greenbelt training and experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems desired.
- People management experience preferred.
- Thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- Reliable transportation to and from work in Danbury, Connecticut.
- Authorized to work for any employer in the US.
- Available to start ASAP is highly desired.
- Reliable, punctual, with the ability to work autonomously.
- References required.