Manufacturing Engineer/Operations Lead
Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced manufacturing engineer, who is process oriented and ready to makes business impact as liaison between engineering and operation team, to deliver the safest battery storage systems to the market.
The company was founded by a successful inventor and CEO, a CTO and a COO who together have a track record of creating ground-breaking technologies and building teams to serve global markets.
This is a permanent position based in Danbury, CT – this is a hands-on role that will challenge you while providing an excellent opportunity to join an exciting startup company, poised for growth and success!
· Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, researching testing methods, and conferring with equipment vendors.
· Prepare visual operation procedure (VOP) by work closely with Engineering team to convert engineering BOM and drawings into manufacturing process and routing.
· Train technicians to follow manufacturing process and guide trouble shooting of production issues.
· Define tooling requirements to improve quality and manufacturing efficiency
· Conduct analysis to calculate throughput, labor requirements, and manufacturing costs.
· Manage cost/quality improvement and vertical integration projects to ensure the projects are completed on-time, within budget, and meeting all functional and business system requirements.
· Complete ECNs and CARs as required to reflect needed changes in product process routings, customer complaints, or quality issues, in collaboration with engineering team.
· Use of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma principles to analyze problems associated with technical issues and provide effective solutions.
· Support development of material flow, inventory management and general production process improvement.
- 4 Year Degree in engineering or science – Required; Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering – Preferred.
- 5+ Year’s experience in Process/Manufacturing Engineering.
- Lean / Greenbelt training and experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems desired.
- People management experience preferred.
- Thrive in a collaborative, team environment
- Reliable transportation to and from work in Danbury Connecticut
- Authorized to work for any employer in the US
- Available to start ASAP highly desired
- Reliable, punctual, with the ability to work autonomously
- References required.