Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is currently seeking a skilled R&D Laboratory Technician to support innovation, design and productization of lithium-ion battery technology. The company was founded by a successful inventor and CEO, a CTO and a COO who together have a track record of creating ground-breaking technologies and building teams to serve global markets.
Based in Danbury, CT this is a hands-on role that will challenge you both technically and creatively while providing an opportunity to work across several business disciplines — alongside some of the most prolific thinkers of our age. This is an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor, with an innovative and exciting startup company, poised for success!
Under the direction of the Laboratory Manager, the R&D Laboratory Technician is responsible for the preparation, organization, and set up of the parts, processes and equipment required to build and test Cadenza products:
- General work in a mechanical, chemical, materials and related laboratory
- Assemble and test lithium-ion cells, modules, racks, & systems
- Setup and test components, assemblies, and systems
- Assist in the development of processes for new and existing products
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair various types of equipment (welding systems, vacuum systems, assembly fixtures, etc)
- Perform quality tests on parts and processes
- Relevant experience in mechanical and electrical fields
- AS in Mechanical or Electrical preferred
- Ability to adapt to new designs, spec changes, and R+D processes
- Experience with test/measurement equipment
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot systems and equipment
- Ability to follow visual work instructions and verbal direction
- Technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Functional knowledge of MS Office
- Experience working with G-Code and/or CNC machines preferred
- Reliable transportation to and from work in Danbury Connecticut
- Authorized to work for any employer in the US
- Reliable, punctual, with the ability to work independently
- References required
Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is an emerging energy storage company answering the call for safer, longer-lasting lithium-ion batteries. With our Management Team of recognized authorities in the battery industry we have dramatically improved quality and safety while delivering performance levels never previously seen in the industry. Our focus is to commercialize these innovative technologies and drive improvements that enable the success of lithium-ion batteries powering innovative, economical and environmentally sound products, including utility grid storage and automotive applications.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, an entrepreneurial environment, and the opportunity for employees to enhance their careers and achieve greater levels of responsibility as the company grows. Founded by Dr. Christina Lampe-Onnerud, the company is headquartered in Wilton, CT.
Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.